Privacy Notice Website
Our contact details:
Lewy Body International
Unity House, Westwood Park, Wigan, WN3 4HE
Date of Privacy Notice: August 2022 | Review Date: August 2023
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK-GDPR), Lewy Body International is obliged to inform individuals how we use their personal data and why. This privacy notice will outline what data we collect from you, why we need it and how it is processed when you use our website. You will also find details of your rights as individuals under the UK-GDPR.
This privacy notice is aimed at visitors to our website who browse and use the various functions available.
The Lewy Body Society is the data controller onbehalf of Lewy Body International for the personal information that we process about you; this means that we are responsible for the data we collect and make decisions on how your data is processed.
Although the organisation is not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer, we have assigned a responsible person to act as a point of reference for data protection related queries. Any questions regarding the processing of your personal data should be directed to our Data Protection Representative (DPR):
N: Jacqueline Cannon | T: 01942 914 000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we get your information?
Most of the personal data that we process is provided directly by you when you input your information into the various features on our website such as the online store and contact form.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one calendar month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, it would be very much appreciated if you could contact us in the first instance to allow us an opportunity to resolve your complaint.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk